Saturday 23 May 2020

studio evening May 2020


My place of work on a balmy evening towards the latter end of May. I have made a return to the 'grid' drawings and am intrigued by what a good friend describes as 'ritualistic drawing practice'. It would seem that that is what I am engaged upon. Here is a drawing before the graphite is laid down over the coloured squares. I find that my colour palette evolves as each drawing proceeds. I enjoy using pencils with multi coloured 'leads'; so called 'rainbow', or 'magic' pencils, and have added neon pencils for this particular drawing.

I work in long series, or sequences, this sequence being entitled'with my mother in her garden at sunset', in commemoration of an evening we spent together, whilst I was staying with her for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment