Saturday 24 July 2010

floor text 1991


The tenth text from the twelve. This text poses a question in the third person; "how long has she been responsible for other people's emotions?", the tone suggesting the context of a therapeutic interview, or perhaps a self reflective passage in a novel.
The words do not refer to me, but someone said them to me in the first person, and I altered them.
I felt at liberty to write anything I chose on the floor, the practice of erasure, and overwriting enabled me to transcribe very personal material in the knowledge that most of it would be inaccessible to the viewer. Thus, threads of conversation, reminisences, and self revelatory diary entries were written, scrubbed out, and re-written over each other in an intense, mobile process.

No comments:

Post a Comment